Hey there, electric enthusiasts! 🌟 So, did you know that the heart (or rather, the brain) of your home’s electrical system is the electrical panel? It’s like the wizard behind the curtain in the Land of Oz! 🎩✨ So, it may be worth it to consider the benefits of upgrading your electric panel if it’s old or acting up.
Now, word on the street is that for the best electric vibes, you should give that panel of yours a regular health check. And by health check, I mean having a hakuna matata electrician (preferably with a lion by their side) swing by to do maintenance, as well as check if it’s on a recall list.
Not only will this keep your house from trying out for the next fireworks show, but it also makes sure you can Netflix binge without a glitch.
Recalled electrical panels
- Federal Pacific
- Murray 1999 and older models
Signs it’s Time to Upgrade
- Age Matters: If your panel is pushing 30 (like some of us, am I right?), consider an upgrade. You wouldn’t use a phone from the 90s, would you? Well maintained panels could last 20-30 years!
- Flicker, Flicker: Lights acting like they’re at a disco when the AC pops on? It’s not party time, it’s “check-my-panel” time.
- Sparks & Eau de Burning: Sparks and strange aromas? Unless you’ve been secretly mastering perfume alchemy, it’s time to call an expert.
- The Symphony of Buzzing: Odd noises? It might be your panel’s last hurrah.
- Zap! Ouch! Feeling a little spark? It’s not love; it’s your panel telling you it’s time.